Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April 8, 2013

To my beautiful 3 year old,

I held you in my arms today, and we cried together, not wanting to let go, not knowing when we would be able to hold and kiss each other again. I'm sorry you had to cry in front of your classmates and your teachers, and Mama is sorry that you have to face this at only 3 years old. You are stronger than any preschooler should be, and I am so fortunate that I could be the one to wipe your tears when you were having such a hard time. I'm sorry that you have to face Mama and Daddy's problems at such a young age. I gave you my necklace last night and told you that any time you are missing Mama, that if you kiss that necklace, I will feel your warm little kiss on my own lips. I believe that is true, and I hope you always do too. Sadly, your necklace broke on the playground today, but Daddy tells me he will replace the chain as soon as he can, and I hope he follows through on that. I need that connection to you, my sweet Cori. Your friends were so happy to see you back at school today, and all I kept hearing was a constant stream of little voices telling you how much they missed you and how you were their friend. You are flourishing in school, my lovely girl, and I know you will continue to flourish as you grow up. You are hardly a baby anymore, and some days, I just can't believe it. One day, this will all make more sense to each of us, but until then, I hope you continue to show the strength that you have shown. You are a military child, my little one, which means you have a force within you that can overcome any struggle that comes your way. I love you, my sweet, lovely Cori Aletta.

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment